Sunday, April 15, 2012

Green Modular Homes I want to build a enviro-friendly "green" house. Where can I find plans and costs for LEED and green homes?

Question by geocache22: I want to build a enviro-friendly “green” house. Where can I find plans and costs for LEED and green homes?
I need architechtural plans and realistic way to cost out a “green” home less than or about 2000 or so sf.

Here is what I want:
-passive solar
-Depending on costs:
–gray water recycling
–under floor radient heating
–consider alternative construction like straw bale/rammed earth or modular
–recycled materials for insulation
–bamboo
–natural materials
–solar panels
–heat pump
I’d really like to do it right but I’m of moderate income and single middle aged woman.

I need it to be affordable. I’m in Alabama and few do this. I need to keep humidity and heat and climate in mind.

Under or around 2000 sf

Any info on financing for green homes would be welcome too;

Best answer:

Answer by Bob
This looks like a decent book to get you started. Probably available at your local book store. Also see the “customers also bought” list. These in turn will have more alternatives.

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Green-Home-Planning-Environmentally/dp/0865715556/ref=pd_sim_b_4/102-8585650-8320156

I presume you’ll be using a builder. The best start might be to find a green home builder in your area and talk.

This link is about more extreme options. That’s likely to be a difficult road to travel.

http://www.greenhomebuilding.com/natural_building.htm

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:build, costs, envirofriendly, find, Green, Homes, house, LEED, Modular, Plans, want

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search