Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Austin Green Living Q&A: Crime on the Green belt -- Austin, TX?

Question by P D: Crime on the Green belt — Austin, TX?
Does anyone know of incidences of crime (e.g. rape, murder) on the Green belt in Austin, Texas? I’m a college age female, live in South Austin (my apartment has access to the Green Belt), and I wander through there a couple of times a week with my dog (a big dog, but definitely not a guard dog). I would go more often, but there’s something about being out there alone that’s kind of creepy. I’ve already looked online and couldn’t find anything, and yeah I know, safety in numbers, carry pepper spray, etc.. I just wanted to know if anything bad has every happened there or if I’m unnecessarily paranoid. Thanks guys!!!

Best answer:

Answer by janetll69
I have heard of things that have happened. You should be able to find statistics on APD’s website, but if you’re questioning wither or not you should use the paths, then I would recommend not. It sounds like you are taking the best precautions, but you may want to take someone else with you.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Austin, belt, Crime, Green, Living

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search