Thursday, March 8, 2012

Green Living Communities I am intersted in a earth ship and going green but I am the working poor any suggestions?

Question by wyldkisses79: I am intersted in a earth ship and going green but I am the working poor any suggestions?
Hi, I am currently broke as a joke and renting a trailer in missouri. But I have big plans for my future, I want to go green. I already reuse reduce and recycle, and conserve anything that I can. I am looking into buying land in about 5 years when all my kids are in school and I can get a full time job to fund a earthship or another type of self sutainig green living. What I am looking for is suggestions on where to look for land, and ways I could build my own earth ship as cheaply as possible. When I envison a eco community or green living i see a bunch of rich people.. Is it possible for poor people to live this way?
Right now I am in st charles Mo. I was hoping to stay wiht in 50 miles of here.

Best answer:

Answer by Absence of Malice
Sure it’s possible. There are advantages too. Mother Earth is a good provider. They’ve been having a big land auction here, but I wouldn’t recommend Jackson County (because of the real estate taxes). In rural areas, you can often find farmland up for sale for the taxes, which are very low in some places. Roughly, what part of the State are you in?

I’ll research St. Charles. Pretty low on the flood plain, is it not? Seeing the wonderful responses, it occurred to me to share this link. I think it’s a necessary element of doing this successfully.

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:Communities, earth, Going, Green, intersted, Living, poor, ship, suggestions, working

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search