Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Green Living Forums US citizen marrying a MX citizen while living in MX?

Question by Kira Shosho: US citizen marrying a MX citizen while living in MX?
I am a US citizen living in Mexico. My fiance is a MX citizen. At this point we have no plans to live and work in the US but I want the option open in case things change in the future. What would the process be for ultimate citizenship for him? Since we aren’t living in the US I am assuming I don’t have to sponsor him, correct? How long before he would get a green card. Can this all be done while living in MX?

TIA

Best answer:

Answer by Pixie
He would have to establish US citizenship in order to apply for a green card. You can’t do it from abroad.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:citizen, Forums, Green, Living, Marrying

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search