Thursday, December 20, 2012

Green Living Nyc Q&A: How can I prove I've applied for my canadian passport?

Question by Jeremy B: How can I prove I’ve applied for my canadian passport?
I live in NYC, my canadian passport has expired, I’ve sent in my application however I’m travelling to the Dominican Republic in a month and should I not have my new passport by then I’ll need my green card, birth certificate and proof of a passport application. I’m not sure how I can prove I’ve applied for a passport. SO if anyones knows I’d be very thankful for an answer.

Best answer:

Answer by christnp
There are some exceptions that allow for “proof of passport application” for US Citizens, but I don’t know whether that exception extends to Canadian passport holders. I would double check that assumption. You may not be able to get back into the U.S.

If you confirm that proof of canadian passport application is going to be good enough, I would contact the canadian passport office and ask them.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Applied, Canadian, Green, I've, Living, passport, prove

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search