Monday, July 30, 2012

Green Living Forums Q&A: Getting Indian Passport (Born in Tibet, Studied in India, Married to Indian, living in USA)?

Question by Pema L: Getting Indian Passport (Born in Tibet, Studied in India, Married to Indian, living in USA)?
Sounds a little complicated.. Here is my situation.. I was born in Tibet but my parents moved to India right after my birth.. I did all my school and Bachelor’s from India. I worked for an Indian company for 3 years. Now I am in USA. and recently got married to an Indian. I have a Tibetan Green Book (travel document), which doesn’t have Indian Visa, so I cannot enter India.
Now I have consulted with few people and website.. and they say for me to get Indian identity/citizenship, either I should go to Indian Consulate and provide my proof of school in India in order for me to get Indian identity or use my marriage as my basis to get Indian Identity.

My husband and I both want to go back and settle down in India, and I really want to do it right. Hence I am reaching out to this forum to show me the right way

Best answer:

Answer by Lobsang Rawang Rangzen
You want to get India Visa?

hmmmm

Most of us refugees are not granted Citizenship by India. That is their policy. We have to renew it each year. But if you are married to Indian then i don’t know that works… there gotta be a better option than renew residence each yr..

Kherang Gyakar leh tah Ari shook na yaka menah?
Nye sampa la, Ari la shoku rakye leylhaka yoreh samkyi duk…

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Born, Forums, getting, Green, India, Indian, Living, Married, passport, studied, Tibet

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search