Saturday, February 1, 2014

Green Construction What education path should I take for a Career in Green Energy?

Question by Justin: What education path should I take for a Career in Green Energy?
As a teenager I was forced to drop out of High School because of some “roadblocks” that life threw at me and was homeless for a few years. It has been hard, but I have gotten my High School Diploma through G.E.D. testing a while ago and I have gotten my life back on track with a stable income and a home to live in.

Now I am at a point in my life where I feel need to get a serious career and I think I have settled on the idea of getting into the Green Energy jobs market. I personally feel that Renewable Energy is the future and it is also a great way to help preserve our planet. I think I am particularly talented at Math and Science with a strong interest in Astronomy (renewable energy sources for space travel or renewable energy from Space is a big interest for me). I have also heard that there are plenty of programs out there that try to help students financially who are looking for Green Jobs.

Now my question is how do I get into this industry? Who could I talk to to find out the best choices for a career in this industry based on my skills and strengths? I have tried calling local Colleges or Universities, but those conversations are usually cut short by “we do not offer any programs for what you are asking about” and then they ask me to come in and apply for them so I can speak to an “Advisor” in person. I have tried calling Employment or Life Counselors but I never get calls back from them. should I be seeking an Applied Sciences degree, or is there something more relevant?

Thank you for your time.

Best answer:

Answer by Obama is a loser
There are many career choices available relating to green energy, art and architecture. Searching to find these opportunities may be tedious and time consuming. Acquiring knowledge on each field, along with the information on position roles and responsibilities can help you decide if the field is for you.

Green Energy
Green energy is a source of energy that helps prevent pollution. Renewing energy and preventing pollution, assists in ensuring future generations will be able to sustain within the environment. Many companies promote the cause of helping our environment stay clean and renewing energy resources. You can find careers such as alternative energy instructor, geotechnical design engineer and senior wind resource and metocean analyst. You can also find schools that offer training in green-focused specializations.

Art
If you like to work independently and possess and entrepreneurial spirit; a career in the Art field can be a good choice. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over 60 percent of all artists are self-employed. In this field, you will have career choices, such as interior designer, web designer, graphic design, video game designer and fashion designer. Careers in this field can be lucrative and employment opportunities are expected to grow faster than average especially if you use your skills within the computer industry.

Architecture
Many individuals that work in this field enjoy the benefits of self-employment. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job outlook is expected to grow faster than the average and the medium income ranges between $ 53,480 and $ 91,870. Career choices within this field include: architectural engineer, construction managers, landscape architects, urban and regional planners to name a few. Additional certifications in addition to a Bachelor of Architecture degree may be necessary in order to compete for prestigious jobs.

Making It Work
There are many great job opportunities within green energy, art and architecture. Companies globally are pitching in to help save the world and create a better place to live. If you desire to work for a green energy company, locating and securing a job takes a little determination. Should you choose to work in art or architecture, finding jobs offering competitive salaries within a green energy company or outside of one; should be highly attainable.

Read more: Careers Related to Green Energy, Art and Architecture | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8583910_careers-green-energy-art-architecture.html#ixzz1XxCUUqcO

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:Career, Construction, education, energy, Green, Path, should, take

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search