Sunday, February 17, 2013

Live Green Should I remove the dead leaves from my Sarracenia plant?

Question by opticalnoise: Should I remove the dead leaves from my Sarracenia plant?
My tropical Sarracenia pitcher plant has about 8 live, green pitcher leaves, and 2 or 3 brown wilted ones. Should I *carefully* remove the dead leaves, or should I leave them alone? If I should remove them, should I trim them off leaving the stem at the base, or should I try to remove them as completely as possible? I haven’t found the answer on a number of reputable carnivorous plant website, so please don’t just tell me to google it.

Best answer:

Answer by Derka James
I dont know about your specific plant but my general rule of thumb with caring for plants is this: if the plant is done with it it will kill it. Once the leave or branch goes dead it cannot harm the plant to trim it. I would personally just trim whatever part is dead.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:dead, from, Green, Leaves, Live, Plant, remove, Sarracenia, should

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search