Thursday, November 1, 2012

Green Smart Living Q&A: me and my fiancee are getting married in 5 months. i dont have a green card what steps do i need to take?

Question by trustedyou2much: me and my fiancee are getting married in 5 months. i dont have a green card what steps do i need to take?
I am 19 and shes turning 21. we have been dating since highschool. since im still in college we r going to live with my parents just like we are now.

i need help with the legal procedures.

no smart remarks
i have lived in the US 6 years and although i have worked illegally i have payed my taxes ever since i started working.
im a college student and an active blood donor.

Best answer:

Answer by ☆Riot Ryan☆
Typically, you need to follow the steps of INS. You should not do this before being in the U.S.

File a petition for a fiance visa. Follow the paperwork. Get the medical tests and shots. Give the government some money. Then you may enter the U.S. and marry within 90 days (IN the United States).

If this doesn’t help, I would consult an immigration attorney.

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:Card, Don't, fiancee, getting, Green, Living, Married, months, need, Smart, steps, take

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search