Saturday, September 22, 2012

Why Go Green Why does Green Tea/Ginseng Make Me Go?

Question by Ryan: Why does Green Tea/Ginseng Make Me Go?
I’ve tried several adaptogens out there. I notice that whenever I have green tea and/or ginseng, I have to go to the restroom really quickly. It seems to go out of me really quickly. It does still give me somewhat of a mental and physical boost, but I’m going to go back on Rhodiola Rosea.

Best answer:

Answer by oldtimekid2
Well, my first question would be if it’s a tea (liquid) or a pill. If it’s a pill and you run to the bathroom in less than half an hour, it’s mental suggestion. I say that because a pill wouldn’t be assimilated into your system enough within half an hour to impact your bladder (or bowels). So when you swallow the pill, your brain tells you to go to the bathroom… maybe based on the pill, maybe based on the smell of the herbs.

If it’s a tea, some people do have the effect that they go to the bathroom shortly after drinking warm liquids or after drinking certain drinks. That’s also a mental suggestion (like the urge to pee when you run your hands under warm water), but it’s much more common than my first example. ;-)

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Green, Tea/Ginseng

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search