Monday, June 18, 2012

Green Living Az So what is a green way to cool my office?

Question by Jamus Trip AM HO: So what is a green way to cool my office?
I live in az. My office has an west exsposure and is the furthest room from our ac unit. Couple that with the fact that my pc has so much hardware in it it could double as a space heater and my office feels like an oven.
Anyone have any green suggestions to cool the place down?
Ehhh… it a home office, and well, my only business is testin video games. But yes, the wife does think its funny as I come out of the office sweating like I just worked out at times.

Best answer:

Answer by Insomniac Butterfly
check into a “swamp cooler”. According to Wikipedia: Evaporative coolers (also called air, swamp, or desert coolers) are cooling devices which use simple evaporation of water in air.
Keep in mind this WILL add humidity to your household… but being that you are in AZ I would think that you may have heard of this by now…

But anywho, it is (supposedly) cheaper to run than traditional a/c. Maybe it’s worth a shot?

Here’s some info on what a Swamp Cooler is: http://www.air-n-water.com/faq-swamp-coolers.htm

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Cool, Green, Living, office

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search