Monday, May 7, 2012

Green Living Communities Q&A: Why are houses on the ends of streets in Hispanic communities often painted green? Is this mere coincidence?

Question by : Why are houses on the ends of streets in Hispanic communities often painted green? Is this mere coincidence?
Recently as I was driving around a community where a lot of Hispanic people reside, I noticed that more than a few houses on the corner were painted green. Is this a tradition? Is this something done for money or luck? I live in Southern California and have studied Chicano studies in college but have never heard of this. Curious to know if there is some tradition or cultural background to this.

Best answer:

Answer by DDValentine
I did not notised this…I will have to go an see for my self how many I find. But here is no tradition that I know of.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:coincidence, Communities, ends, Green, Hispanic, houses, Living, mere, often, painted, streets, this

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search