Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Green Living Magazine I want to know more about the ridiculousness of green living?

Question by vuhoangnam1988: I want to know more about the ridiculousness of green living?
I recently read a very interesting article in GQ magazine on how overspending and inefficient some green living solutions are. I decided to choose this as my topic for my semester’s research paper. But I have not found any websites that focus on this. Anyone knows?
Updates: I am very surprised to see such amount of answers for a short period of time. All I can say is that I am very appreciate your contributions. But there is some misunderstanding (and accusations) that I think I have to come clean in here:
-First of all, did I conclude that all living green solutions is a complete waste of time? No, when I said “some” it means “some”.
-For the word “ridiculousness” I admit it’s a harsh one. But that’s exactly what GQ used in the article about global warming ( it’s the July 08 issues). I don’t absolutely agree with its claim that we cannot stop global warming. But I cannot resist some of its inspiring arguments. That’s why I chose it as my topic.
-Third, you have to agree with me that any solution always has some over-the-top ideas that we need to eliminate. I agree that the term “green” is being abused. That’s why I am trying to understand fully about it.
FYI, I am a liberal college student who still doesn’t want to own a car, rides a bike to school everyday, recycle as much as he can and takes care of his own garden. I am also an agnostic so your “hell” or “God” is not gonna work for me.

Best answer:

Answer by Yahzmin (US)
Try searching with the phrase “green too expensive” and you might find articles like these:

http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/how-to/departments/taking-issue/is-the-cost-of-green-building-too-expensive.aspx

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/02/28/business/EU-FIN-Greece-EU-Green-Energy.php

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2008/07/07/town-says-biodiesel-way-too-expensive-shelves-plan-for-green-fleet/

Now sure if it gives you what you need, but it might be a start. Bear in mind that ‘short term expensive’ may still be worth ‘long term solution’, even if people don’t see it right away.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:about, Green, know, Living, Magazine, more, ridiculousness, want

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search