Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Green Living Nyc I want to become a NYPD police officer or Detective ?

Question by AMGH: I want to become a NYPD police officer or Detective ?
I am 15, born in France and now I live in Canada. In the near future I want to live in NYC and become a US citizen. I also want to become a NYPD police officer or Detective. What must I do to achieve this dream ? Can you please tell me the steps ? Thanks.

By the way, is it true that like 90% of NYPD police officers are born in the US ?

Best answer:

Answer by Les S
NYS is one of 11 states that allow non citizens who are resident aliens (green card holders) to become police officers.

I do not have real numbers but 10% originally not born in US sounds way low.

Now act like an investigator and go to the NYPD recruitment web site to find out what they are looking for and how to achieve you gaol.

http://www.nypdrecruit.com/

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:become, Detective, Green, Living, NYPD, officer, Police, want

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search