Friday, October 26, 2012

Green Living Consultant What would be a good science career for me?

Question by Aqua: What would be a good science career for me?
Hi! I’m 16 years old and am going into my junior year of high school.
Since I was 13 years old I had been planning to get an MBA, an idea that everybody in my family loved. My mom was an IT consultant so having a daughter that would also be in the ‘business-world’ was exciting, and her boyfriend just likes that I’ll make a lot of money, if I get the right job, of course.

However, my main entrance falls into science. I absolutely love science. A few months ago I brought up the idea of going into science, and my mom was okay with it (she said that you should do what you love, despite the money) but her boyfriend said that I should get an MBA, then go back to school once I’ve saved up money (when I’m like, 40 years old!) and then get a degree in science. It defeats the purpose… (however, is one of the nicest men you could ever meet. I’ve known him almost my whole life and consider him as my father. He’s very wise and kind!)

I want to do more research into science careers. I researched biomedical engineering, but found that it’s not really what I’m interested in. Although I do have an interest in the field, it’s not what I want to do for a living. I like earth science, and would like a job where I’d be trying to create… Things with earth. It’s hard to explain. I mean, I want to figure out how to use plants and the earth’s resources to make more green items, and to also have a beneficial impact on society. Like creating a type of fuel that’s isn’t as bad for the environment, or being able to create bioluminescent plants by learning how to transfer DNA, etc.

Also, I have an interest in astronomy, mechanical engineering (like cars, motor, etc.) and electricity. I’m kind of bad at math, but the more I practice the better I get. I can keep my grade at about a B, and at the end of this year I pulled off with a semester grade of an A. I have As in all of my other classes, though.

Your input would be greatly appreciated! xx
The link you provided was a link to a page full of advertisements, as I’m sure you know. I don’t really appreciate it.

Best answer:

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:Career, Consultant, Good, Green, Living, Science, would

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search