Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Green Modular Homes Does anyone know where to find some unique house plans? We want to build something energy efficent, but also?

Question by dnelak: Does anyone know where to find some unique house plans? We want to build something energy efficent, but also?
something with character. I am in love with log homes, but they are not too energy efficent. I am looking to build modular, but I can’t find any good sites with enough pictures and designs of what I want. Plus does anyone know where I can find the green roofs which are metal? Thanks.

Best answer:

Answer by stewart_abraham
If your looking to build an energy efficient home the best building material out there that I know of is an Adobe home. Not the traditional adobe of the past, 3′ of packed earth. Now the mix is 1/2 cement and 1/2 earth. Very structurally sound and has approximated insulation value R-30 and above. The walls end up being 18″ thick and can be skirted to look like a log home or any other exterior/interior surface you want. Its just a simple additional finish that is applied to the main structure of the home to create the desired look you want.

I live in Arizona and this is the type of home I plan to build in the next few years. I apologize for not having any specific web sites for you to reference. The source of my information comes from a conversation I had with an architect that I meet a couple of years ago.

Green is the way to go. Good luck!

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:also, Anyone, build, efficent, energy, find, Green, Homes, house, know, Modular, Plans, some, something, unique, want

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search