Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Green Living Magazine Do the start of these books sound good?

Question by sarah l: Do the start of these books sound good?
Prada: School for Girls

At Prada, everyone is model perfect. If you wore an outfit that wasn't
designer—you are shunned for life. Five best friends were the envy of everyone around- even some of the teachers. Under their chiseled happy masks lived the true girls, the ones people never saw, if they did, their lives would be ruined forever.

Harper is the example of the all American girl. She gets straight A's, is the spirit squad captain, and Is loved by everyone. She keeps a secret not even her best friends know; a secret that would haunt her for the rest of her life.

Annie lives the perfect life. She has a great home life. Her parents never fight, she gets along with her sisters, everything is wonderful, except she knows something about her mom, something that would destroy her perfect family forever.

Brennan is beautiful, she has long curly jet black hair and pale green eyes that would make you have to turn your head if you looked too long. She makes good grades and all the girls want to be her while all the boys want to be with her. She lives every teenager's dream, so why does she do it?

Aylin's vision is to be an actress. She is in the drama club, and can say “get out of my way" in four different languages. The only thing she wants to read is seventeen magazine and be the star on the school's lacrosse team, but are her bruises from that?

Lacey wants to become a fashion designer. She makes clothes in her spare time and gives them to people that are less fortunate. Lacey is a global warming activist and donates to all local charities. Her life seems to be rewarding, so why does she cry at night?

thats the characters. I am gonna tell the secrets later on, but can you tell what they are now?

and then this one……

I will remeber

Have you ever felt out of place, like you weren't meant to be you, just someone else? Ever since that night that changed everything, I knew I couldn't go back, not to the same place, I was someone else, I changed.

"Andie, breakfast!" Mom yelled to me, her voice strikingly loud. I never liked her voice. I just wanted to sleep, getting up was just too painful, living was just too painful. The nightmares seem real and the fear was always there. Wherever I go, I see him, sometimes out of the corner of my eyes, or he is the mailman that for a moment looks exactly like him, but when I blink he is the friendly face I see everyday. Disappearing seemed like my only choice. He made me runaway before, my life's perspectives have changed. Everything I cared about felt so far away and I could never be able to reach them. That night he didn't only take my innocence, he took Andie, or who I was.

Today is Therapy. It doesn't work. I sit there on a beige couch in a beige room that smells like peppermints and an elevator of old ladies. My therapist, Mrs. Mason, has glasses that make her look like a fly. I laugh when I see it, its probably the only thing that gets me through our "little" sessions. She says what happened is not my fault, but she doesn't even know half of it, no one knows what really happened. I have a way of blocking painful memories, I have only done that twice. When I supposedly saw my best friend commit suicide and the other, the night I was raped. I have a pixilation of images that shoot through my head but they don't make sense, like they are out of order, or I am seeing them in reverse.

i just started them and i hope they are good.

i forgot to add for the prada one, the the thing thats on the back of the book. everyone looks perfect, but everyone keeps a perfect secret. they live the lives someone dreams about, but they dont know what happens when they go home. the beautiful trendsetters also have their own secrets but and even bigger one they share that will ruin them if anyone finds out. You decide if you can keep their secret.

Best answer:

Answer by bking5432
Yes, the Prada one sounds relatively interesting, but it would have to be different in order to catch one’s eye.

BK

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:Books, Good, Green, Living, Magazine, Sound, start, these

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search