Sunday, April 1, 2012

How To Go Green How can I get a green card to go to medical school?

Question by Nghia Nguyen: How can I get a green card to go to medical school?
I am an international student and I want to go to medical school, and having a green card would ease my road a lot. My major is Medical Technology
Can you please advise me how to get a green card through employment? How long does it take because I think I will only have H1B visa first? How long do hospitals require me to work for them before they sponsor my green card application?
Many thanks.

Best answer:

Answer by JP
I think you’re slightly confused about the order.

Employers usually help foreign citizens obtain green cards, but hospitals will not employ you (and therefore will not help you get a green card) unless you go to medical school first.

So your first priority should be to get into medical school and have the school apply for your student visa. After you graduate, you let the hospital you work at apply for what you need.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Card, Green, medical, School

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search