Saturday, February 8, 2014

Green Living Homes can a green card holder who obtained it through asylum travel to their home country after marriage to an ameri?

Question by sara: can a green card holder who obtained it through asylum travel to their home country after marriage to an ameri?
I am living in USA since 2006. I have gotten my GC based on Asylum in July 2008. Base on my research I can apply for citizenship in April 2013. It almost will take 1 year to become to citizen after applying. It means from now I have to live at least 2 years in USA. I’ve already lost my patient and I miss my parents who are aged and sick. Always I am afraid that I could not see them while they are alive and always to be regerted why I did n’t go back to see them.
I heard if I go to my country I can not back to USA and may be the immigration my GC. I think this is the worst thing about immigration. They should understand people circumantance.
Can a green card holder who obtained it through asylum travel to their home country after marriage to an american citizen? Does it change to gatecory on my GC which is AS6. Please if you have any suggestion related to my question I would be very pleased to hear it. I am so depressed and lost my interest to life because of missing my family.

Best answer:

Answer by Yak Rider
Yes, absolutely no problem. You’d be surprised at how fast the threat evaporates once that Green Card is issued.

Just remember, you are not a US citizen. If you get into trouble outside the USA you are on your own. The US will not assist you.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:after, ameri, Asylum, Card, Country, Green, Holder, home, Homes, Living, Marriage, obtained, their, through, travel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search