Friday, November 29, 2013

Green Living Forums Prenuptial agreement when getting married for a green card?

Question by Dannyy: Prenuptial agreement when getting married for a green card?
Hello friends. I have been in the USA for 2 years already, currently living in New York. I hold the student status F-1, and I am planning on getting married for the green card. I met a woman who is an american citizen, and a great friend of mine. We have a whole lot in common, and she would like to help me attain my green card by getting married with me. Now here is my concern. I currently don’t have any money saved up, neither I do have assets, however I work on my business, and I don’t want to share anything I earn in the near future with her. Whatever is mine is mine, whatever is hers is hers. How do I sign a prenuptial agreement in my case? And do I have to show it to the judges as I am getting marriend, or do I only show it, if I apply for a divorce. I don’t want this to be an obstacle for me obtaining my green card. On the other hand, I don’t want anybody in this marriage to take advantage of the other person. Can I sign a prenuptial agreement that I don’t want to share anything I earn?

Best answer:

Answer by Goober
This is illegal. No lawyer will write you a prenup based on illegal activities.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Agreement, Card, Forums, getting, Green, Living, Married, Prenuptial

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search