Sunday, September 1, 2013

Green Living Show What are some good military father/daughter songs that I could sing in a talent show to honor my dad?

Question by Danielle: What are some good military father/daughter songs that I could sing in a talent show to honor my dad?
My dad is in the national guard and has been for over 20 years now and is being deployed for the first time in May. There is a local talent show coming up and I want to sing a song for him but I can’t think of any good songs I could do. I am normally very quiet and not very outgoing but I really want to show my dad how much i care about him and how much I’m going to miss him along with the community. Please help!

Best answer:

Answer by Rose Hughes
I can’t think of many off the top of my head but one that springs to mind is “Jerusalem”
Words include…
“And did those feet in ancient time.
Walk upon England’s mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In Englands green & pleasant Land”

But that only really works if you live in England!
Hope this helped!

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:could, father/daughter, Good, Green, Honor, Living, military, show, SING, some, Songs, Talent

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search