Monday, July 22, 2013

Green Energy Live Conservatives, why do you think that the US is the greatest nation on Earth?

Question by Catherineなし見込みはない: Conservatives, why do you think that the US is the greatest nation on Earth?
I lived in Japan for a while, and I find it in every way to be superior. Better roads, better transportation, better architecture, and most importantly, greater intellectual capital. The people there are more intelligent, they get higher test scores than us in math and science, and their technology blows ours out of the water. The US felt like a third world country when I got back.

I’m not trying to go into a rant about my experience in Japan specifically, but so many conservatives say that “they’re afraid that we’re becoming like Japan/Greece/Sweden etc”, even though all of those countries are, almost objectively, superior. The UN ranks our health care 37th, and yet conservatives still oppose health care reform. Republicans have been opposing subsidies to teachers, repressing science because it “doesn’t stimulate the economy”, and opposing green energy. They block high speed rail propositions at all costs, even though the rest of the developed world makes use of it. The rest of the world seems to be developing without us, and it seems to be the cons that are holding us back. Why do you consider this to be the greatest nation on Earth when other nations are greater than us in so many important areas?

I’m not trying to scrutinize your position or insult the United States, but I figure there may be something that I’m missing, or you’re seeing something that I’m not. What is so great about this country that people are opposing moving forward with the rest of the world?
As I expected there are a lot of non answers, insults, and straw men in response to this question. I’m not really looking for “if the X country is superior, then why _____”. That doesn’t really answer the question. It’s clear that many people consider it to be the greatest nation, but that doesn’t answer the question of what makes it so great. Which exactly the reason why I am asking this question.

Discord – Spirit of Chaos:
“Good for you.” How is that an answer to the question “What is so great about this country”? Your answer baffles me. I think you may have misread something but I can’t figure out where.

Best answer:

Answer by Scooterpoop, Broadwell’s other general
If Japan is so superior, why do they rely on the United States for national defense?

If Japan is so great, why is it that in the Philippines, people consider it a status symbol to have a US Dollar bank account but no one collects Japanes yen? (Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to have a local currency for backup?)

If Japan is so great, why is it that more than 60 nations around the world, including in Asia, are teaching English to children in schools, and only 1 nation teaches Japanese? Maybe you should ask a South Korean.

(I’m guessing that the reason you did not ask liberals is because you know what liberals think of America.)

**************
JP: I served with Japanese sailors. All of their ships were purchased from the US, and they still have open several American military bases on the southern islands that patrol the waters around Japan and Taiwan.

**************
Catherine: are you stupid or what?

YOU made the claim that Japan was superior. I blew your claim out of the water. I’m sure that was NOT what you wanted, but it is an adequate answer.

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:conservatives, earth, energy, Greatest, Green, Live, Nation, think

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search