Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Green Apartment Living Q&A: How do I become a resident of Virginia? I am currently living in NY?

Question by Ace: How do I become a resident of Virginia? I am currently living in NY?
Its time to move out and I have been to Virginia before. I would like to become a resident there so I could get an apartment… Reason being is that you must be a resident of Virginia in 99% of the apartments.. The other 1% are very expensive ones.

Thanks!

Best answer:

Answer by creativlyclngd
When applying for an apartment, they look at your income and financial history (credit rating and rental history). You’re asked if you are a US citizen or permanent resident, but state residency is not required. If residency were required then half of the upperclassmen at George Washington University would be homeless. Generally, you get an apartment to establish residency (e.g., for school), not the other way around.

Now, if you are looking to apply for city assisted housing, you have to apply through the city – not directly to the apartment community – and there may or may not be any state residency requirements.

Edit upon further thought:
A Permanent resident is someone who is not a US citizen, but has a “green card.”
.

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:Apartment, become, currently, Green, Living, Resident, Virginia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search