Saturday, January 12, 2013

Green Building How do I calculate a buildings probable power consumption based on its occupancy?

Question by Rubber Ducky: How do I calculate a buildings probable power consumption based on its occupancy?
I am designing a hypothetical building in Long Beach, CA. It is supposed to be a net-zero energy, green building training facility. I need to know what amount of kWh that I need to be able to provide power for using alternative means of energy production. My max occupancy is about 400-500 people. How can I calculate how many kWh that I need to provide for this building?

Best answer:

Answer by johnrymel
you will have to research on what kind of electrical fixtures you would have in the building, then how many amp that they will draw. How many hours a day will this facility be running?, and when you get that information. You need to find a good electrician and then ask him to calculate a load test on the building. he may give you a load test for a 8 hr day for example and then just have to multiply it out for a year or what ever measurement you need

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:based, Building, buildings., calculate, consumption, Green, occupancy, power, probable

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search