Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Why Go Green Why does green tea make me double over in pain on an empty stomach?

Question by caboose: Why does green tea make me double over in pain on an empty stomach?
I know you’re not supposed to drink it on an empty stomach, :) BUT if I’m studying, I’m not really paying attention to things… until I collapse in a mass of squivering, grinding and knashing of teeth. I drink coffee on an empty stomach, (in mass quantities), regular tea is fine, but GREEN tea brings paralyzing pain without food.
I went to a tea ceremony and noticed that they always serve little cakes and things, thereby avoiding collapsing samurai.
I keep bread by my desk now, but I was wondering why green tea would do that to my body when coffee and other harsh stimulants don’t.

Best answer:

Answer by josh0895988
It could be the high anti-oxidant level. Which, if your body is full of oxidants. (which most are) gets attacked severely when on an empty stomache. The anti-oxidant compounds seeking what ever it can find to nuetralize. Without food this can cause pain in some cases.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Double, Empty, Green, over, Pain, stomach

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search