Friday, March 16, 2012

Green Living Consultant Where, in Seattle, can I find an job as an environmental scientist?

Question by outdooreli: Where, in Seattle, can I find an job as an environmental scientist?
Hello! I Grad school is over, my lease is up soon, and my schedule is wide open. I am planning on moving to Seattle in July with my girlfriend (her company has another office there, so she can transfer) and I’m looking to work as a research biologist, environmental consultant, environmental advocate or some mix of those. I’m open to anything.

I just finished my MS in Environmental Science and Policy from Johns Hopkins Univeristy and have a BS in Wildlife Bilogy from Ohio University.

I have worked in Alaska, Arizona, and Florida while in school (summers) and am a big backpacker/camper/hiker. I’ve stayed at least one night in all the states except Hawaii. For the sake of my sanity, I knew I had to live out West and I love the Pacific NW……

Anyway, I’ve searched for jobs through all the standard listings and websites and was wondering if anyone knew of “green” environmental companies who do conservation or policy work in the Seattle or Bellingham area? Thanks!!!

Best answer:

Answer by miss info society
EPA Region 10 should be your main target and they are hiring right now. Also, try EarthCorps. UW-Tacoma and UW-Bothell just had job fairs in early April. Seattle University too. Try their websites to see if the companies are still listed. If not, contact the school’s Career Development Office to get contact information. Also try Washington State Department of Ecology. Best wishes in your job search!

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:Consultant, environmental, find, Green, Living, scientist, seattle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search