Saturday, March 17, 2012

Austin Green Living I live in Austin, TX. How do I find out how much property the city owns?

Question by Shanna: I live in Austin, TX. How do I find out how much property the city owns?
I want to know how much undeveloped land the city own collectively– large tracts i.e. “green spaces” as well as small lots possibly used for storage of materials for the electric company, road contruction etc. Do cities keep data on this in one lump or will I have to call the utility company, the Park and Rec. dep. etc. individually?
Ah! Yes the tax rolls! Actually travisco.org leads to a site for Texas vacations. But traviscad.org works. And lo and behold a simple search by owner using the phrase “City of Austin” returns 2274 matches. Possibly City Hall will have a map of all the properties at a glance?

Best answer:

Answer by Jo Blo
ask at city hall,,

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:Austin, city, find, Green, Live, Living, much, owns, property

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search