Saturday, January 4, 2014

Eco Products Q&A: question about smelly bathroom?

Question by Queen Maeve: question about smelly bathroom?
I built a new house and installed septic tank/percolation area etc – all regs followed. I have a problem with my guest bathroom – it stinks most of the time, plus the bedroom does too, so no-one can sleep there. We have tried solution of putting in extra vent, which has gotten rid of the slight smell in toilet at rear of house, but not this one at front. I also tried a bacteriological solutioon – used Super Chemzyne V to try and increase bacterial growth. I thought smell was gone after 2nd dose of this early this week, but by yesterday, it was as bad as ever – really stinky! Can you please advise what i could do? I only use all eco products for toilets, sinks, washing machine and cleaning. HELP! I am desperate! Lovely new house – horrible smell, no visitor comfort!! QM

Best answer:

Answer by Jan C
The drain obviously has stuff in it and the odor is coming back. I suggest you pour some bleach down the drains (1/2 cup) and let it set. This is common where a toilet or shower drain is not used very often.

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:about, Bathroom, Products, Question, smelly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search