Friday, June 8, 2012

Austin Green Living Relocation to Austin, TX. tips?

Question by Josh F: Relocation to Austin, TX. tips?
I currently live in Green Bay, WI. I plan on moving to Austin TX on July 7th 2009. I dont know anyone in Texas or the the area, so ill be alone, and starting fresh. I am not going down there for school, and I dont have a high school diploma. Im currently studying so hopefully next winter ill be able to get a GED or HSED, but until then I’ll have to live without it. I need tips with things like finding a job, a place, and getting used to the area. If you live in Austin and can maybe show me the area when I get down there, that would be appreciated. If you have a facebook page, that would be easier, search joshfinley@rocketmail.com. please help, I have no clue what im doing, and im only making one trip down for a few days before i officially move.
Thanks
Kel

Best answer:

Answer by Mommy of 2
I don’t live in Austin, but live in a South Texas and can tell you that for starters you can go the
Texas Workforce Solutions

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/

which is there for the purpose of finding a job. They also have different programs that might assist you with obtaining your GED, and furthering your education afterwards.

There is also Section 8 Housing

http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/section-8/

which can help with affordable housing. I believe section 8 housing is 20% of your annual income, so it might help until you can get your GED and find better paying work.

Austin is a great place to live because of it’s diversity but I know the only thing that might be pricey will be rent. But the cost of living otherwise is pretty low (i.e. food, entertainment etc.)

Good Luck with your move,

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:Austin, Green, Living, Relocation, Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site Search